This is used to bet on the outcome of an event and has varying bets, depending on the event.
- In sports betting, the Martingale System is used to slowly “raise” the overall amount of bets all the way to a single event.
- The theory behind this is that you have infinite time in which to make your bet, but not in a tournament or while watching a football game.
- If you use the Martingale System in gambling, you bet on an event such as football or you bet on the first half of a game, etc. It does not matter what the event is, you bet on it.
- The system is simple; you bet on an event anytime. If the event loses, you bet the same amount again. If you win, you bet the amount you won the previous round on the next event.
- This is the simplest betting system and even though it may work, there is a catch.
- You may lose the bet and there are no easy ways out. This is, however, the safer betting system.
- You may win the bet, too, but you would not have double the amount you won.
- Even if you lose the bet, using the Martingale System, you may have increased your chances of winning a further bet, or even a whole column of bets.
- The Martingale System is adhered to by gamblers who wish to increase their chances at gambling.
- There are only two bets with the Martingale System and these are Raise Anywhere and Raise Any Opponent.
To use this system, you must select an opponent to bet on (your opponent must be within one card of your Richie Flop).
You both place the same bet on the flop.
If your opponent loses, you move to the next card, say the third card. If he wins, you bet the value of the winnings on the fourth card, say the fourth and fifth card. You continue until your opponent is eliminated.
- The Martingale System is one of the most commonly used betting systems.
- The house edge
- The Martingale System is the casino’s favorite betting system. With the help of this system, the casino ensures that you will lose your money if you bet on red in roulette, or black in blackjack, or even odd in even.
- As usual, there is no shot at beating the casino, unless you are up against even odds, although the Martingale System is one of the few ways that you could come close to this.
- You must not be worried about whether you are following the Martingale System or not. The Martingale System is just used in games such as roulette or blackjack, where it is not possible to use other methods to win the hand. Thus, it is safe to say that it is not advisable to use in games such as slots, where no decisions are taken based on the cards you have.
- Knowing when to throw away your cards is important to increasing your chances of winning. But the speed at which you are able to throw them away is dependent on the amount of money you are able to afford to lose.
On the other hand, the speed of throwing is not fixed and does not follow the same rule, whatever the amount of money you are throwing away.
The above assumption is true to only bets up to a certain value. Betting any number other than these would also be counter-intuitive and therefore is risky.
Always avoid the Martingale System
The Martingale System is surely one of the worst betting systems ever invented, because it is not random. Anyone using the Martingale System would be following in step with the casino and not betting outside of casino recommendations.
- Furthermore, no matter what you or your opponent may think, there is no strategy involved in using the Martingale System. The Martingale System is simply there to make a player bet continually until losing all of their money.
- Unrealistic expectation
- The Martingale System is so disastrous in online casinos because the software is designed to be used exclusively in online casinos.
- Thereby, although the Martingale System is practical in live casinos, it is not a good idea to use in an online casino.
- Limited winnings
Because of the high cash-back guarantee that online casinos offer, online casinos are prone to offer more cash back to their players than their land counterparts.